Paris, December 14, 2021 – UAVIA, a pioneer in the Internet of Drones and driving force behind the data collection and processing revolution for Industry 4.0 thanks to its “UAVIA Robotics Platform” software infrastructure and its DroneOS embedded software, announced today the conclusion of a second round of financing.
Innovacom via its “Avenir Numérique” funds, Cattleya the investment holding company of Benjamin & Ariane de Rothschild as well as long-standing UAVIA shareholders UI Investissement and Bpifrance via its F3A fund, participated in this financing. Together with Airbus Ventures, they make up a world-class financing syndicate for the startup created in 2015 whose performance has been praised by its prestigious clients and partners. The conclusion of this round brings the company’s capital financing to €7 million since its creation.
“As connected objects become ever more ubiquitous in industry, data sovereignty and mitigation of growing cybersecurity risks associated are priorities for these companies. They are also in search of effective tools for integrity checks and maintenance procedures to reduce industrial and environmental risks; the UAVIA Robotics Platform fully rises to these Industry 4.0 challenges”, declared Pierre VILPOUX, Chairman and CEO of UAVIA. “The platform makes it possible to collect and analyze data via a unified and secure interface that remotely supervises drones, which are autonomous thanks to UAVIA embedded software”.
This funding will allow the company to double its workforce with the following objectives:
- Integrate experienced talents dedicated to commercial operations and management of a partner network thereby helping the company respond to the strong traction currently observed worldwide,
- Strengthen the R&D team, with a continued focus on artificial intelligence for autonomous navigation and real-time processing of the wide-ranging data collected,
- Establish UAVIA technology as a global standard,
- Facilitate the deployment of use cases that contribute to environmental initiatives, such as monitoring greenhouse gas emissions and local pollution, as well as supervision of dangerous sites, ports or maritime settings.
UAVIA also announces that the management team currently composed of CEO Pierre VILPOUX, CTO Pierre PELÉ and VP Engineering Luc CLÉMENT, has been further enhanced with the appointment of:
- Fabien TAVERNIER, successful entrepreneur and founder of Hémisphère group, as VP Sales and Channels,
- Dr. Jean-Baptiste DEMENTHON, expert in standardization of disruptive technologies and former Head of Business Development at IFPEN and AAQIUS, as VP Alliances and Strategy,
- Julien DA VELA, former head of drone activities at TotalEnergies Group, as Product Director.
“We are proud to welcome such prestigious investors, who have placed their trust in the particular positioning of UAVIA, a software publisher introducing a fundamental technology aimed at scaling up the use of drones to capture and process data in the industrial environment. Our commitment to excellence, which applies to both our technology and our support for customers and partners, is the fruit of a deep-seated team spirit where every expert contributes to the collective project and learns from the experience of their colleagues. We are entering this new phase of growth with the same mindset, and we are ready to welcome our next customers, partners and talents,” added Pierre VILPOUX, going on to affirm that “We have the means to achieve our ambitions”.
UAVIA is a software company providing a standardized collaborative platform to handle autonomous drone operations : “UAVIA Robotics Platform”. Multiple users across the world can access UAVIA’s AI to control heterogeneous drones fleets, while having data processed and shared in real-time for a wide range of value-added applications.
We are focused on delivering the best and secured product to our customers, by merging our innovative patents with the latest advanced technologies behind an effortless UX interface. UAVIA Robotics platform is designed to match the industrial operator expectations in terms of cybersecurity and data sovereignty, and natively engineered to perform in any complex environment. Easy to use. Easy to integrate. Easy to deploy.
We are permanently expanding our 360° partnership ecosystem with drone manufacturers, data science platforms, systems integrators and worldwide service providers.